Saturday, March 8, 2008

Gerrad Way Accused Of Plagiarism

Los Angeles, CA (CNS) - My Chemical Romance frontman Gerard Way is being accused of "ripping off" ideas by his former mentor.

Comic book icon Hart Fischer accuses the 30-year-old rocker of stealing his ideas and incorporating it in his own 'Dark Horse' comic book series.

"[He's] ripping off my old message and many of my actual written bits. I'm in the process now of going through the lyrics and matching up where he has straight up ripped me off from my old editorials," Fischer says. He was the one who published Way's 'On Raven's Wings' comic when the singer was still a teenager.

Way, meanwhile, declined to lash back at the older comic man. He has released a statement regarding the matter saying: "I sent him an email years ago... thanking him for believing in me, and never got a response."

"I'm not ashamed of what I did for him, and wanted to see him in person and thank him. I've never had the chance."

Anne Lu - Celebrity News Service News Writer

No comments:

Search My Chemical Romance

Google
 

Popular Posts My Chemical Romance