Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Chemical Romance New Album in Late 2009

On the heels of releasing their cover of Bob Dylans "Desolation Row" and their amazing video for the song, My Chemical Romance let fans know that they are heading back into the studio this week to begin working on their new album. But unlike with The Black Parade, which took years of work to piece together, this new album should be here sooner.



In an interview with BBC News, Gerard Way says "Im hoping for something to happen in a very fast way, that feels very natural and that doesnt have a lot of noodling all over it...Thats the goal, to get in there and have this rapid and visceral recording experience." And Gerard does mean FAST: currently the new album is slated for a late 2009 release.

Gerard warns once again that the new album will NOT be The Return of the Black Parade. "Black Parade was three years ago. You change a lot in three years. If I try to write more music like that Id be doing people a disservice. There may be some people thats just what they want but I dont think our fans do." He sums it up pretty well with "We have to make a record that reflects how weve matured."

As for touring? It sounds like My Chem wants to get back on the road. And expediently. "To tour on it almost right away on it would be fun and not kind of drag it out like last time."

What do you think of the news?

http://my-chemical-romance-music.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool place you've got here. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Search My Chemical Romance

Google
 

Popular Posts My Chemical Romance